EPON™ Resin 1007F is a moderately high molecular weight solid epoxy resin derived from a liquid epoxy resin and bisphenol-A. This resin is used extensively as a vehicle in high performance industrial baking finishes. In these coatings the EPON Resin 1007F is usually reacted with urea formaldehyde or phenol-formaldehyde resins to develop the desired film properties. Coatings of this type exhibit outstanding flexibility and adhesion as well as exceptional resistance to chemicals and solvents. Some of the more important applications for EPON Resin 1007F/urea-formaldehyde or phenol formaldehyde coatings are linings for metal containers, appliance primers, metal furniture finishes and clear coatings for brass hardware and cosmetic cases. EPON Resin 1007F also finds application in powder coatings and may be used as a partial replacement for other EPON Resins in amine or polyamide cured two package coatings. In addition, this product can be reacted with vegetable oil acids and isocyanate curing agents to produce epoxy resin esters and urethane coatings, respectively.
Processing/How to use
Identification and Classification
Chemical Abstract Service Registry Number: 25036-25-3 (EPA/TSCA inventory designation)
MSDS Number: 186
• 2,2-bis(p-glycidyloxyphenyl) propane condensation product with 2,2-bis(p-hydroxyphenyl) propane and similar isomers.
• Phenol, 4,4’-(1-methylethylidene)bis-, polymer with 2,2’-[(1-methylethylidene)bis(4,1- phenyleneoxymethylene)]bis(oxirane).
Structural formula, base resin:
Packaging, Storage and Shipping
• EPON Resin 1007F is a stable material produced in flake form and packaged in a 50-pound net three ply natural kraft paper bag. The product is not prone to sintering or “blocking”. It should be stored in a covered area protected against moisture.
• EPON Resin 1007F is also available in flexible intermediate bulk containers (FlBCs) holding 2000-pounds net of solid resin. The weighing accuracy of a 2000 pound container is ± 0.5 percent.
• EPON Resin 1007F is not a hazardous material according to the Department of Transportation regulations (Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49).
For further information on the FDA status of our products, please refer to our Application Bulletin - FDA Information Indirect Food Contact Applications.
Safety, Storage & Handling
Please refer to the MSDS for the most current Safety and Handling information.
Please refer to the Momentive web site for Shelf Life and recommended Storage information.
Exposure to these materials should be minimized and avoided, if feasible, through the observance of proper precautions, use of appropriate engineering controls and proper personal protective clothing and equipment, and adherence to proper handling procedures. None of these materials should be used, stored, or transported until the handling precautions and recommendations as stated in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for these and all other products being used are understood by all persons who will work with them. Questions and requests for information on Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc. ("Momentive") products should be directed to your Momentive sales representative, or the nearest Momentive sales office. Information and MSDSs on non-Momentive products should be obtained from the respective manufacturer.
Available in bulk and drum quantities.
For product prices, availability, or order placement, call our toll-free customer service number at:
For literature and technical assistance, visit our website at: www.momentive.com