Operational Environmental, Health & Safety
As a leading global producer of specialty chemicals, Momentive is committed to excellence in environmental, health and safety (EHS) performance. EHS performance is an integral part of our business and is essential for our long-term business success. We will operate our business according to the best practice and responsible EHS management principles which will be incorporated into our Momentive management system and will be the foundation of our global EHS management program.
Accordingly, Momentive's policy is to:
- Operate in an ethical, safe and environmentally responsible manner that protects our associates, customers, and communities while benefiting society, the economy, and the environment.
- Comply with all applicable EHS laws and regulations and partner with governments and other appropriate stakeholders to develop and implement effective and efficient EHS programs.
- Assess the EHS and security implications of our operations and products and mitigate risks using effective risk management and Product Stewardship measures.
- Minimize the environmental impact of our operations in a manner that supports the sustainability of our business.
- Foster a culture to continually identify, reduce, and manage associated EHS and process safety risks throughout all levels of our organization and ensure necessary support for individuals to carry out their responsibilites.
- Be prepared to respond appropriately to emergencies that might arise as a consequence of our operations and/or products.
- Educate our associates and communicate with our contractors, customers, and the public on the safe and environmentally responsible use and handling of our products.
- Be a good neighbor in the communities in which we operate, communicating openly about our risks, EHS programs, and performance in a process that encourages transparency and dialogue with all stakeholders.
- Establish meaningful EHS performance measures and self-assessment programs and employ them in driving continuous improvement of our business planning and operating processes in alignment with the Responsible Care® Management System and Guiding Principles.
All associates, contractors, and others working on Momentive's behalf are expected to take a path of highest integrity. They are encouraged and expected to communicate any EHS concerns to enable prompt investigation and action and to understand and perform their jobs consistent with this EHS policy.
Craig O. Morrison
Chairman, President & CEO
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Occupation Illness and Injury Rate (OIIR) requirements are designed to collect workplace injury and illness incidents nationwide. This information is used to reduce workplace hazards and to increase awareness of workers.
Momentive analyzes common injuries to develop better safe-work practices. Every associate participates in insuring our health and safety.
Safety doesn't just happen. It takes planning, diligence, and commitment, and is a core value of Momentive.
The graph below illustrates Momentive's overall performance.